Weddings are not the only events to have been severely affected by the Coronavirus outbreak; hen and stag dos
across the country (and world!) have been cancelled, rescheduled or drastically amended to be able to take place in the current situation.
With this in mind, I thought I would compile a list of Kent-based suggestions that you could do for your hen or stag do…
1) With the lockdown restrictions being eased, you could plan a socially distanced picnic; you could meet at a park, bring your own food and drink, and play games and quizzes.
2) Along a similar vein as the previous suggestion, you could go to the seaside for a small gathering; there are plenty of beaches and coastal areas that would be ideal for this in Kent, from Whitstable, Minnis Bay and Broadstairs to Margate, Sandwich and Folkestone.
3) Outdoor Cinemas have recently re-opened, and would be great over the summer for an evening of fun; you could all go in fancy dress or a theme depending on the movie. Luna Cinema hosts several outdoor cinemas at venues across the county.
4) For something different you could try your hand at archery, axe-throwing, clay pigeon shooting or have a falconry experience with Joe’s Bows; they’re a great family team with a site near Faversham.
5) If you would like a bit of an adventure, I would highly recommend the Quad Biking at The Wright Event, at West Malling.
6) Alternatively, you could go for some fast-paced go-karting at Buckmore Park, at Chatham.
7) Zoos are now open again, so you could have a gentle day out wandering around seeing the animals. We’re lucky to have a great variety of zoos in Kent, with Howletts, Port Lympne, Wildwood and Wingham Wildlife Park to name but a few.
8) If you didn’t want to go out, or are unable to, then I recommend an online escape room from The Panic Room. I’ve done a few of these myself over the last couple of months; they’re great fun and very cleverly done.
9) You could also have a online games night (with or without drink), using Zoom or HouseParty (or any other video-conferencing app!); you could invent your own quizzes or download some from the internet. If you decided to have a joint ‘Do’ with your fiance(e), then you could ask your Best Man/Maid of Honour to arrange a ‘Who is’ Couples Quiz for you, with questions such as ‘Who is… the funniest?’, ‘Who… takes the longest to get ready?’ and ‘Who is…the most attractive?’ etc.
10) And finally, Wild Box Events have recently started offering amazing virtual cocktail classes; you get sent a box of ingredients in advance and are then taught how to make delicious cocktails via Zoom - perfect!
Please share these suggestions with anyone you know who might need some inspiration for their hen or stag do, and if you’ve had your hen or stag do whilst we’ve been in lockdown, I’d love to hear about what you did!